Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

A finished object for school

Last year youngest's school found out I sew, so they now ask me to do stuff from time to time.   Last year it was snake hoods and furry tails.  This year it's been a quilt to show off some class artwork and today I finished it and handed it back.
I did make some suggestions when asked, the original plan was to have the artwork framed in cream fabric, the same as the background for the paintings; I strongly suggested black would make them pop and thank goodness that suggestion was taken on board.
This is the result
Isn't it gorgeous?  The black frames them nicely, I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I got loads of knitting done on Friday, mainly due to spending the day in SARA ward of the hospital. Thursday night severe abdominal pain, went to after hours at about 1am, inflammation levels high, liver numbers also higher than normal plus a temperature.  An ultrasound ruled out gall stones and the pain reduced to twinges so I was sent home Friday evening, but not until after finishing one sock and starting yarn chicken with the other
I think it's fairly obvious I'm not going to make it with this remaining yarn
Luckily I have managed to source more and it's on its way.

On the health front I went back to the doctor on Monday as still not feeling well, more blood taken and the doc presented the opinion that it was viral going by overall symptoms.   Results ruled out the viruses she was half expecting so it's some random thing, luckily I'm now feeling better and I was well enough yesterday to keep my MRI appointment.
Got another call from the doctors rooms about the results from that, apparently there's endometriosis in there, might well be an explanation for all sorts of ongoing issues such as IBS, pain (though not Thursday night's episode) and the issues I went to the colonoscopy guy for in the first place.   I have an appointment for Monday for more bloods to check liver function again and to talk about the endo.
Have spent some time googling local treatments, the pain killer one won't work now that I can't take NSAIDs (give me a sore tummy), so possibly might be looking at laparoscopy.   Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

The black was definitely the best choice!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck! I hope you get some good answers, and a solution that works.

Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck! I hope you get some good answers, and a solution that works.

Blog Archive