So here's the finished items:
|Jillian tank with Moxi shorts|
|I suspect that a stretch woven would be better for the shorts, more body; but I was trying out the pattern for the first time so chose something that would be ok.|
|Jillian tank with Tempos; adjusted the pattern to make the upper leg shorter so the knee hits the right spot; darn these short legs! This was necessary even when using the Petite fit.|
the pink fabric was a complete bitch to sew, it's some sort of swim fabric and none of my machines liked it. My coverhem just said no, she's now up for sale on Trademe, not because of this, but because she also refuses to play nicely with woolly nylon; the listing mentions her foibles and what she's good at too.
My sewing machine started shredding thread, changed needles and it did it a couple more times. She also skipped stitches. Will see how she is with another new needle (different brand) and decent fabric; hoping she doesn't need a service. Even the overlocker skipped stitches on this stuff, especially when adding clear elastic. I will be ordering some proper athletic fabric to try out and making more Tempos in that. I also have some custom printed cotton lycra to make another pair; I love this pattern!
Aside from the Greenstyle patterns I have cut out a custom fit t-shirt from Apostrophe Patterns in the blue print I used for the shorts, it doesn't have much stretch so I couldn't use the Greenstyle Green Tee. After that it's probably time for me to make some casual trousers for Dh, I've got some nice green corduroy that'll work well and some grey wool flannel to use as a contrast; not enough of either to make pants, but together they'll do the job nicely.