Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Secret Santa and gifts

Well, this is a full post. I have several items I made for my secret santa on The first is a sleeping bag from the latest Ottobre magazine (05/06). The outer is polar fleece from my stash and it's lined with organic cotton jersey with a wee bit of organza ribbon for decoration.
I also made a nappy for the same lady using my own pattern and stencilled an Iris on it, I'm really happy with this.

I also had a second person to make for, and I combined 2 womens T's to make this t-shirt. I then appliqued a vehicle on the front. I used the Ottobre T-shirt pattern for this and used a basic shorts pattern to make a full outfit. That had the same vehicle appliqued, but I don't seem to have made a photo of that for some reason. Unless it's still on the camera; if so it will show up here later.

The last T was made from another of the existing women's T's and I made this for the son of the lady who gave me them. I made it to the Ottobre pattern again and free-handed a tractor onto it with fabric paint (Pebeo Setacolour). The wee lad loves it! Always nice to be appreciated.

2nd sleeping bag for nephew

This is a robots print, inner is organic cotton jersey which is absolutely scrummy! There is a hidden layer of wool batting so it'll also be snuggly in winter. That's a good thing, they live in Waimate which gets really cold in winter!

Nappies for Africa

Well, one of them was. I made 12 of these newborn nappies, 7 for kits to show off at local
Ante-natal classes and 1 went to raise funds for the Fistula Trust which is in Africa (I forget which country).
I sold another on Trade-Me, gave one to a friend and still have 2 left.
They are 100% cotton velour towelling on the outside, lilac sherpa inner with a hidden soaker.
Wonderfully soft!

Sweatsuit for nephew

Well, I can safely say it's too long since I posted to my blog. I made this sweatsuit for my nephew using up some of my stash several months ago. Had to think for a bit, but it was a Burda pattern and it turned out really well.
I used some velvet iron-on's to make them a bit cooler

Blog Archive