The reason I don't have the sewing chair is that the chair my son was using started attacking him; it was originally my gran's chair and I decided to refurbish it. Unfortunately I don't have a before photo, but I'm documenting as I go. I first of all took off the disintegrating fabric, and took out the innards which had not been done correctly; they'd stapled the springs to a piece of wood on the bottom!
At this point I'm almost ready to put the new springs in, it'll be quite a high crown on the seat but the frame is quite short so it needs to be higher in order to be comfortable to get in and out of. I've torn out the silly timber on the bottom and remade the back from scratch due to some major cracks in the original. I've also learned how to use a compressor and put webbing on the bottom (after making a webbing stretcher) and also on the back. The original back had 2 pieces of webbing, total!
|The newly webbed chair, I'm pretty pleased with this. You can see the original frame colour is brown too; this is being updated.|
|The new back, sides are made from an old loom and the rest is new timber.|
|This is after 2 coats so you can see there's a few spots where the wood is still drinking in the paint. Hopefully a good sand and another coat will fix that.|