A couple of months ago I signed up for the Rebecca Page ambassador programme, never expecting to actually get picked. I did however get picked and now I've been sewing for them for two months. Month one is still a secret, however month two is this month and I've sewn a dress that's already been released but which needed more photos as well as a dress that isn't part of my obligations but is now my absolute favourite t-shirt/dress pattern ever! It fits well, no armpit/boob wrinkles and was super easy to sew and best of all it lets the fabric be the star of the show, and this fabric is definitely the star!
Full disclosure, any links to Rebecca Page are part of the ShareaSale programme and I do get a small reward if you purchase using my link.
|This is the Talia dress|
|It's a swing dress with gathering in the neckline area and is super comfy|
|We took these photos while on our socially distant walk during lock down|
|Although it's a summer design it can be worn over a merino top quite nicely|
|This fabric came from Marble NZ Fabrics and feels gorgeous to wear|
|The pattern is Rebecca Page's T-Shirt Dress and is going to be a staple in my wardrobe from now on, it fits really well even if the substrate isn't what's considered ideal these days!|
Ignore the weird face, I'm not good at having my photo taken unfortunately.
As well as these I've also been busy sewing bags, mostly from Bag of the Month club, but one I designed based on an old army surplus bag that was disintegrating.
|The new army surplus bag, I reused the hardware from the original bag and made it in canvas.|
|The Laney Jane bag from BOM Club.|
|The main fabric is from deep stash, the hardware and vinyl came from an unknown person when I won a prize on the NZ Sewing Bags Facebook group. Surprisingly fun to sew the vinyl so some more has been added to stash to make more bags.|
|This is the second BOM bag, it's the Chris Satchel by Uh-Oh Creations. The fabric for this came from even deeper stash. Vinyl that I used for the strap on the front was from Kiwi Bagineers, as was the hardware and zips.|
So that's it for my sewing at the moment. I've now got a week or so to tidy the studio and put all my bag making supplies away somewhere (no clue where at this point) and also to work on Gran's chair some more. Got to install the zig zag springs on the back so I can get that stuffed and the base cover on. Once that's done I can measure and get weaving!