Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 05, 2005

On the left is my first ever cover. I took my fitted pattern and adjusted it to make a great side snap cover. I didn't make the elastic quite firm enough in the back, but aside from that it's a great fit. I'll be making patterns for all my sizings now and then I can make some for my SIL's impending arrival.

The next photo is detail of the sleeping bag I made for Ian who's just started climbing out of the cot if not in his bag. It's getting too warm to put him in his polarfleece bag so I did some searching for a pattern I could adapt. I ended up using a tank top pattern (Ottobre 2/2005 No19). I made a bigger size as it's a close fitting pattern and lengthened it as well as inserting a cf seam to put the zipper in.
I'm fairly happy with it, but my sewing is not as good as normal, I was in a big hurry!

Blog Archive