Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 05, 2012

October 5th, Blogtoberfest

I had problems settling to the knitting today, I kept feeling like I should be doing something more in the nature of spring cleaning.   As a result I got only one pattern repeat done instead of the two I'd planned.  Should get some more done tonight, but this is it so far:
The light was starting to go when I took this, it is lovely to behold.
Yesterday's dyeing has now dried, I overdyed it using an orange red last night and this is the result on the line this morning:
It's a perfect red, the pink is the mink yarn, I don't think it changed much.
Here's what it looked like before the overdye:
You can see it was more pinky before the second dye bath, a lovely colour, but not what I was aiming for.
Tomorrow I have the guild, will be dropping in some magazines that were donated from a lady in Auckland and hopefully doing some work on CPH; I learned last weekend that my shawl is just too concentration heavy for a social environment.  Might drop into the storage unit on the way home if I remember and get the window washing equipment.

In EQC news we're now considering opting out of the Fletchers EQR scheme, I'll be ringing EQC on Monday to sort out the Scope of Works and find out what it involves from their side and then I'll contact a couple of the firms doing that sort of work to see what the story is from their side and what we have to do, costs, and whether they'll take on the extra work we want done at the same time.

In the meantime I've started a design book to note what we want to do with the garage, shower room and kitchen.   The only one that EQC will be involved with is the garage I suspect, but I'm thinking we should be able to do a lot of the shower room ourselves, especially as we won't be moving any plumbing.
In the kitchen eventually I want to repaint the melteca cupboards to something other than cream and replace the benchtop with something other than beige.  I'd love a stone benchtop as it's impossible to persuade Thomas that he should use a cutting board, as a result our formica benchtop is a little sad.

0 comments:

Blog Archive