Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Driveways and knitting

Our driveway was finished yesterday morning, the guys turned up to do the expansion cuts (at 7.50am) so now we're just waiting on next Thursday before we can drive on it.   It looks amazing and we're so pleased!

Same view as last time, doesn't it look better!
I've been priming all the wood in the rooms, tomorrow will be sealing the gib board and then I can start the real painting of the walls, and then the window and door frames.   Hoping to have the walls and ceilings finished on Wednesday and then the next day or two on the frames.  

Also have to contact the firm that did our earthquake repairs, I noticed today that the ridgeline has lost some of the cement work that they did and there's no way it should fall off that quickly!    As well as that one of the vinyl planks in the kitchen has come off the kick back area; I'm putting that down to them not fully removing the old vinyl.   I've emailed them last week, but no response so it's time to call them.   If no luck then I'll be naming them on here and FB.  They have a 5 year guarantee though so it should be ok.

In knitting news I've got some work done on my hat in Sezza's KAL, I'm not happy with the colour so will dip-dye it once it's finished.  The yarn however is yummy soft!
It's a merino and cashmere yarn by Argosy and the hat pattern is the Picton Beanie by Sezza (Sarah Ronchetti)
Once I finish the hat then I'll cast on for my next KAL which is the Game of Thrones KAL being held by Valerie of Wandering Cat Yarns.  That will be a pair of Riverrun Socks in some WCY sock yarn.

I also had 4 more skeins of yarn arrive, however these weren't recent purchases; they were part of the Pledge I took part in for Red Riding Hood Yarns.   All mine are her MCN fingering weight base and I got one of each colour she dyed
I am totally in love!





1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay for your driveway being finished!!! I hope you can get those other things sorted fast!

Your yarns are so yummy - and your hat is looking great too!

Blog Archive