Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 13, 2012

#reverb12 Day 13: Some selfie love?

One of my favourite photo's of me this year, mostly because I love the outfit!

In other news I've finished 2 things this week.

1. The quilt I've been working on for Christmas
Patchwork Prism Quilt

back of quilt
I changed my mind on the binding, it was going to be plain but that didn't look right, so instead this fabric which was earmarked for a skirt for me jumped up.   It works brilliantly with both sides so I'm happy despite losing a skirt.   The backing is an old flannel sheet that was my grandmother's it didn't behave as nicely as new fabric, but I'm pretty happy all the same.   I had originally planned on doing some free motion quilting, but when I took it to show off at Stitch yesterday the owner said not to as it'll spoil the balance which is currently perfect.   She's a long-arm quilter so should know.

2. A pair of travelling socks
fraternal twins, love them!
I could have made them longer, but that's ok, downside with top-down construction I guess.

Now it's time to go and try to clean the oven, my oven cleaner appears to have died in the years it was in the cupboard, so instead I'll have to use something natural.  Time for some googling I think.  

0 comments:

Blog Archive