Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Mojo Hat

My new handspun hat, I'm not good at selfies but I like the hat
Feeling better today, doing a fair bit of wandering around the house and have started taking magnesium as I suspect I'm low in that (I'm also taking iron as I know I'm low in that after bloods).  Got the restless leg thing going on which is a sign and also the leg pain could be related.

In other news I'm thinking about next year's Historical Sew Monthly plans

  • January –  Procrastination – finish a garment you have been putting off finishing (a UFO or PHD) or make something you have been avoiding starting.

    Not sure on this one, I have a KAL to do with a UFO, but it's not really historical.   Might do some research to find out if fingerless mitts were around in the suitably distant past.
    ETA:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knitted-mitten-and-bracelet is proof that they did exist and although my pattern is modern it wouldn't be out of place.

  • February – Tucks & Pleating – make a garment that features tucks and pleating for the shape or decoration

    I've got the bits for an 1810's bonnet so I think this might work for thisChange of plan, cos SQUIRREL!  I'm now making a chemisette and the tucks will be in the lace on the neckline

  • March – Protection – make something to protect yourself (from weather or injury) or your clothes (from soiling etc.)

    I do need an apron for my 1810's dressAnother change, eldest needs a cowboy outfit for his Scout camp, so I'm going to see if I can make him a pair of chaps; they were in use in the 1870's for cowboys so will fit well.

  • April – Gender-Bender – make an item for the opposite gender, or make an item with elements inspired by the fashions of the opposite gender

    I'd love to make something for my husband, but don't know that he'd wear it.  Might go with making a military inspired coat for my 1810's outfit instead
  • May – Holes – sometimes the spaces between stuff are what makes a garment special.  Make a garment that is about holes, whether it is lace, slashing, eyelets, etc.

    Hmm, another hard one, might go back to the 18th century for this and start my 1745 outfit based on the Outlander series
  • June – Travel – make a garment for travelling, or inspired by travel.

    I really want to make a tartan skirt for 18th century, I think this would be a good practical travel skirt too.
  • July – Monochrome – make a garment in black, white, or any shade of grey in between.

    My socks for 18th century in grey Perendale handspun.
  • August – Pattern – make something in pattern, the bolder and wilder the better.

    Will have to investigate the stash before making a decision, or the fallback would be mitts or a pocket with embroidery in the Oriental style.
  • September – Historicism – Make a historical garment that was itself inspired by the fashions of another historical period.

    Will have to think about this one.
  • October – Heroes – Make a garment inspired by your historical hero, or your historical costuming hero.

    Something else for the 1745 Outlander outfit
  • November – Red – Make something in any shade of red.

    This is easy, I have (hopefully) enough boiled wool to make an 18th century hooded cape, this will also cross over to my 1810's outfit.
  • December – Special Occasion: make something for a special event or a specific occasion, or that would have been worn to special event of specific occasion historically.

    1775 red silk Robe d'Anglaise, I have the fabric and the pattern (Larkin)

1 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

hat looks great - and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Blog Archive