Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Captain America

This can't be a historical costume as I made the modern version; not the 1940's version.  The shield is still to come and at this point he'll have to do without gloves and boots due to cost constraints.

Captain America from stash.
The blue, red and white fabrics all came from stash; only bought the silver lame to make the star which cost me $2.   Took two days from cutting out to done and he'll be able to take it to Scout Camp for his superhero costume.

And now I can get back to knitting my pink cloche hat, which is 1" and the decreases away from being finished.   I've got 16g of yarn left and according to the pattern there's actually 2" left to go, but I've tried it on and 2" would be too long.  Just as well really, if I did knit it that long I'm 99% sure that I'd run out of yarn before the end.

Ian's socks are temporarily stalled on the heel flap while I concentrate on the cloche and a shawl.    The shawl is for the Ravellenic Games and is a red version of Aurora Australis which is a crescent shaped shawl and needs to be finished by the end of the Olympic Games.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks like one happy little boy!

Kura Carpenter said... Best Blogger Tips

this is so cute! are you getting a super early start on halloween costumes??

Blog Archive