Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 To Do List; or How Much I Actually Got Done

  • Declutter house (underway)
  • Get garden sorted
  • Get to a healthy 60kg by eating sensibly and exercising
  • Knit 12 items minimum
  • Pay off revolving mortgage
  • Reduce screen time for boys
  • Sew 26 items minimum
  • Work on king sized quilt

    So that's the list; some of them we did, other's we didn't.
  • Declutter House:  Got started, then re-cluttered and then restarted
  • Get garden sorted:   Partway there, still a long way to go
  • Get to a healthy 60kg:   This one did not happen yet, now that I'm running it should start to happen.
  • I knit a total of 15 items this year, including my first ever steeked item; so this one I achieved!
  • Revolving credit is currently at nil, but that will change when the next payment for the new garage is due; we will be concentrating on this in the coming year.
  • Screen time is up and down, but I think overall it's reduced a little
  • Hmm, I think it's closer to 11 than 26, but then when I'd planned this I didn't expect it to be so hard to get anything done while the repairs were being done.   I did however get 2 rooms painted which I think is equivalent to several items of clothing, plus a lot of repairs to items and fit adjustments.
  • The king sized quilt has been in the drawer all year; I think I've lost my quilting mojo for a bit so I'll do this when it comes back.


    All in all I'm not unhappy with how I did, but am aware I could have done a lot more.  I got a reasonable amount of spinning done though and did learn to weave so those are things that weren't on the list.


    This year I have a small list of things I want to get done aside from my goals for the year that I posted earlier.
  • Knit at least one pair of socks for each person in the house
  • Knit at least one jersey for me
  • Knit at least two shawls
  • Finish my eighteenth century outfit
  • Maybe make a quilt for the couches of my parents, IL's, SIL and possibly BIL.  This one is only if the mojo comes back though.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like you've had a pretty productive year! Pretty good considering how disruptive the repairs are!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree that you have had a productive year! I like the goal of knitting a pair of socks for each member in the house, I might borrow that one!

Blog Archive