Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 11, 2013

This weekend!

I can't believe that Around The Table is starting tomorrow!    I've had a wee bit to do with organising it, but not really much.    I dropped the baking off this morning, gave Kirsty her name tag yesterday and was on Stuff yesterday looking absolutely stunning!    I have no idea how I pulled that off, but obviously that red lipstick suits me and the peacock jacket is one of my best colours too.

I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm nervous, this is definitely taking me out of my comfort zone.   There's a part of me lamenting the loss of a weekend when I could be painting, but at the same time I know I'll enjoy it.    Tomorrow evening we start at a local craft market which should be fun, then meeting at Miriam's house for tea and then supper (we provide our own tea, supper has been organised).   Saturday there will be conferences where we can learn more about blogging, the tech side and also making money from our blogs (that'd be the day!).   On Saturday afternoon there are some crafty options or we can go to a cafe to sit and chat (I'll be knitting at Make Cafe), then Saturday night is dinner at Winnie Bagos.    Sunday morning is at C1 Espresso before everyone goes home.   We've people from elsewhere in NZ coming as well as quite a few Cantabrians; should be a great time.   

I guess for any of our visitors who've decided to read my blog I should post a wee bit about me.

I'm an introvert, I have a husband who is more social than I am (not hard) and 2 sons whom I love dearly.   I knit, especially when in new situations (I'll be knitting on the weekend), my knitting is I guess my safe place and stops me becoming overwhelmed.    I also spin, embroider, garden, DIY, sew, read and quilt.    You might have noticed most of those are things I can do by myself.   I do go out most weekends to a spinning group though, so I get some adult interaction aside from time with my beloved husband.
I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want to, mainly due to family, work and computer.    I can't do anything about the family impact (and nor do I want to), and work must be done for some strange reason, however I'm slowly working on reducing the blogs I watch and the emails I get, hopefully making some more time that way.

Better be off, got work to do now, trousers to set up ready to sew and children to pick up from school.   I did at least get the accessible caulking done on the eaves today, that's one thing off the list.   Haven't heard about scaffolding options yet unfortunately which means the inaccessible stuff is still inaccessible.

0 comments:

Blog Archive