Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Bits and Pieces

Autism - the complete lack of any desire to conform to the expected rules of behaviour unless there is something in it for them.   That's not to downplay the sensory issues Ian has, but I have noticed that unless he can see a good reason involving gain for him that he tends to ignore the rules.   I think part of it is also a boy thing, and of course there's the selective deafness which kicks in a lot when George in particular is telling him what to do, but the moment the word "icecream" is mentioned all deafness miraculously disappears!

At the moment the boys are playing together on the Xbox, both would prefer to play alone, but that's not an option with the second PC being away for repair.  Thomas is off at a friends gaming for the day and I'm catching up on the last of my work.    Then I can do some spinning, well, plying which has been put off for a while now.

Tomorrow was going to be gardening, the rest of the family don't know it yet.  I may have to go to the library for a bit as well for a Christchurch bloggers meeting to help organise the get-together later this year.   The original meeting was set for tomorrow night, but Thomas has gaming that night too so I couldn't get to it and it sounds like I wasn't the only one.  I really want to get the vege gardens weeded and then spray the driveway, I scraped the weeds off it a week back, but you wouldn't know.   So, despite the fact that I don't like spraying with poison I don't have much choice.   Mum suggested salt, but I don't like what that does to the soil and boiling water would take too long with the huge area to cover.

Oh, and a package arrived from Canada today, the makings for my corset, fastest post from Canada ever!   I now need to get onto making up a toile version of it to check the general fit before I get started on the good stuff.

Somewhere in there I need to get started on the cleaning of the eaves and gables ready to paint, plus get working on the stripping of the wallpaper in the dining room/kitchen/laundry areas.   There just isn't enough time in the day.    I need to win Lotto I think, then at least that would give me an extra 20 hours a week.   Dreams are free luckily!

1 comments:

Miriam said... Best Blogger Tips

sounds like a busy lots of days!

Blog Archive