Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 05, 2012

I've been sewing!

I've made 2 pairs of shorts from an Ottobre pattern

Made completely from stash, pattern slightly ammended as I decided to ditch the pockets.  The fabric is a cotton gabardine with a couple of fade marks but these are casual so I'm not too worried.  Might possibly regret that later, but in general pants tend to sit better without pockets; that and I didn't really have time to do bound pockets this time.  I finished these yesterday.

Today I finished my skirt; no pattern, it's just a tiered skirt with an elastic waistband

See me twirl!   This is to replace my favourite skirt, also a tiered skirt which I bought many years ago from Ezibuy.   Unfortunately the original skirt is now faded and has a couple of holes so it really needs to be retired; I might save some of it for inclusion in a quilt.   The new skirt is completely from stash as well; a lightweight cotton fabric.

I've also started some spinning, no photos' today as they're on the other camera which I haven't downloaded yet.   I'm spinning 2 lots of fibre and will ply them together.  The first is some of Anna Harris' Merino/Silk from the old store at the Arts Centre; the other is alpaca silk batts from Doe Arnott which are very similar in colour.  Aiming at light fingering, but it won't be finished for a couple of weeks probably, going to be busy next week.

0 comments:

Blog Archive