Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 6 lockdown sewing

Today's sewing involved a pattern I loved the look of but am not impressed with on the drafting side of things and some fabric from deep, deep stash.  It's some mesh knit that I bought over a decade ago and I'm glad I used it cos it's pretty, but it's not something I'd buy again.
The pattern was Bella Sunshine Designs Sahara Dress/Top in the tunic length.  It looked super pretty on the website, but the front and back are the same size.  I'm pretty sure that most of us are the same front and back; in my case I'm bigger on the front due to the surmeno tummy.  When I sewed this up there was a good fit in front and a waterfall of excess fabric on the back.  I ended up putting in 8cm worth of darts!
Add caption

The other issue is the shoulder shaping is odd, it's a 1cm seam, but the shaping of the edge of the shoulder is as you'd expect for a much wider seam.  I won't be purchasing any further patterns from these guys, but I'm happy with the other brands I've used so far so one lemon isn't going to put me off indie designers.

0 comments:

Blog Archive