Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Greenstyle Creations Fit Capsule

This month Greenstyle Creations is running their annual Fit Capsule where you make 3 items from their patterns to create an fitness gear capsule.   I chose to make the Tempo leggings, the Jillian Tank and the Moxi shorts.   I also have a Power Sports Bra cut out in cotton lycra, but that's not sewn up yet.

So here's the finished items:

Jillian tank with Moxi shorts

I suspect that a stretch woven would be better for the shorts, more body; but I was trying out the pattern for the first time so chose something that would be ok.

Jillian tank with Tempos; adjusted the pattern to make the upper leg shorter so the knee hits the right spot; darn these short legs!  This was necessary even when using the Petite fit.



 the pink fabric was a complete bitch to sew, it's some sort of swim fabric and none of my machines liked it.  My coverhem just said no, she's now up for sale on Trademe, not because of this, but because she also refuses to play nicely with woolly nylon; the listing mentions her foibles and what she's good at too.
My sewing machine started shredding thread, changed needles and it did it a couple more times.  She also skipped stitches.  Will see how she is with another new needle (different brand) and decent fabric; hoping she doesn't need a service.  Even the overlocker skipped stitches on this stuff, especially when adding clear elastic.  I will be ordering some proper athletic fabric to try out and making more Tempos in that.  I also have some custom printed cotton lycra to make another pair; I love this pattern!
Aside from the Greenstyle patterns I have cut out a custom fit t-shirt from Apostrophe Patterns in the blue print I used for the shorts, it doesn't have much stretch so I couldn't use the Greenstyle Green Tee.  After that it's probably time for me to make some casual trousers for Dh, I've got some nice green corduroy that'll work well and some grey wool flannel to use as a contrast; not enough of either to make pants, but together they'll do the job nicely.

1 comments:

Quimera said... Best Blogger Tips

hi, Rachelle. I like your blog, I looked at it through a comment from you on ikatbag.com, a long time ago, where you and other readers commented on Dorothy Moore's book. Particularly you mentioned that many books do not take into account that the front and back of a person are not the half of our circumference. I guess that issue affects the balance of the garment. The majority of books or tutorials in my language (Spanish) that I have read divide the body into four equal quarters, without considering that in some cases the back is narrower than the front, i.e. at the bust level, or at the level of the waist, long stomach and narrower back as is the case of my husband and who is my reason to learn more about pattern making, since in my country it's hard to find men's plus size clothes that fits well and comfy. I would like to know if this book takes that point into consideration or if you recommend me some other books/method that takes it in consideration. Thank you very much for your reply and time. Greetings from Chile. Sara.

Blog Archive