Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 04, 2015

Healthy Dinner

No photo I'm afraid, it got eaten before I thought about it.   It's only George and I home tonight as Ian and his dad are at school camp, so I asked George to cook dinner.   The original idea was scrambled eggs, but we decided to raid the garden and fridge to find additional ingredients.

Some oldish mushrooms from the fridge and some very nice kale from the garden were added to what was now a omelet.   Free-range eggs and lots of yummy green; very nice indeed and a good start to our new way of eating.  

I've been thinking about this for a while due to my health issues (IBS, Perimenopause), I think I've posted about it before, but it got brought forward due to last night's hideous IBS event. So we'll continue as usual with meat (NZ meat is pretty good, no feed-lot animals here) and lots of homegrown veges when available, even if it does mean extra protein since I don't spray.   I know I found all the caterpillars, but the aphids are harder.   They are organic though!

I may have to purchase more spices and herbs though, I love casseroles like chicken chausseur and lamb ragout but of course the premixes won't be an option for future purchase, will have to pull out the recipe books and I'll have to take all over more of the cooking too which is not my favourite thing.   However if it works I'll have more energy which means getting more stuff done the rest of the time and hopefully also working more quickly on the paying job too.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds good. I was eyeing up the fresh herbs at the garden center - I'd like to learn how to use them in my cooking more.

Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips

The all food from scratch thing is hard work, feel free to complain about it to me if you need to vent at any point. It does get easier, but I'm very pleased that it is now possible for us to eat stuff I haven't made from scratch sometimes.

There are a bunch of bought premade things I wouldn't want to eat now though!

Blog Archive