Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tour de Fleece progress

2nd to last day today and I've finished 5 skeins so far and got started on my final lot of fibre tonight.
4 skeins of English Leicester

1 skein of Half bred in the Denimberry colourway on light grey.  Dyed by Heavenly Wools in Oxford
Beginning of 25g of 50/50 Merino Silk by Anna Harris; spinning this really fine!    Ignore the pink bit on the right, not part of this.
I've got 1" to go on Ian's first sock, hope to get that finished in the next couple of days, 3 rows of finishing the second sheep on the cushion cover which means I'm now slightly over halfway.   Having some issues with my ulna nerve I think it is in my right hand so am being careful.   Might have to pay a visit to the chiropractor.

I've got the base finished on my stays and cut out the cover and lining fabrics.   Still need to trim the bones too.
Looking pretty good, so far I'm liking the Ralph Pink  pattern.

Left is cover fabric, right is the lining.
In other news I've done a little spending in the last week.   I won a $20 voucher for the Make Cafe from the Matariki winter craft thing so spent that on this:
A lovely paisley quilting cotton that will make a good trim on something from the early 1800's

Cotton duck on the left for corset bases and on the right some wool blend suiting which will be lovely for a walking skirt and jacket; possibly Victorian.
I've also got a little fabric coming from the US suitable for a dress and some Noro Kureyon Sock which is now discontinued and I really wanted a little more cos I love the stuff!   Photo's will be posted when they arrive.    That is it for a while though, can't afford to spend more, especially as the garage has run into another hitch with the council and we now need a surveyor to prove it's the requisite amount above the datum line (we are hoping it is anyway).  Wish us luck on that one, it's causing another 2 week delay, but hopefully that's the final delay.    The driveway has been assessed and we'll be overseeing that work once the garage is up, no point before then cos we don't want it ruined by lots of trucks.

0 comments:

Blog Archive