Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Day 4 Blogtoberfest

I did something against my principles today; normally I only buy natural fibre products, but today I got some polyester batting.   It was price based in part and also based on the fact that this item will never go on a bed, it'll be on the wall.
Here's a photo of the fabric and batting to tease you (grin)
Any thoughts on what I'm making?   I'll be taking photos as I go and if it works as I have planned there'll be a tutorial afterwards.

In other sewing news my trousers are almost done.  Just buttons to go on the waistband and the hems to do; they'll be finished tomorrow.   They fit perfectly, but no photo of them on till they're done.
Not the best photo, but you can see the contrast pocket flaps on the legs; loving those, the hip pockets have the same fabric as a hidden lining which is a touch that makes me smile.

Got to try out a new to us game on the Xbox today, Left 4 Dead 2; great fun with Thomas as a co-op game.  We'll have to buy our own copy I think, along with Gears of War 3 when we can afford it.   Oh, and the latest Harry Potter has a release date of November 16, so we'll be buying that too; I'll have the full series of HP movies then as well as all the books.  I'm actually reading the books again at the moment, lol.

New shoes arrived for the boys today from NZsale.co.nz; love that site!   They fit well, the only problem is that they are shoe lace ones and neither boy has mastered tying a bow yet.  I'm thinking I might have to get some of those no-tie shoelaces for them so that they can manage them at school. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

The tease photo looks really exciting, I love the colours. Also, the trousers look cool, looking forward to seeing them when they're completed.

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that bee fabric!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said... Best Blogger Tips

I like adding funky pops of fabric to my clothing too! Coming over from Blogtoberfest.

Blog Archive