Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 03, 2010

Horses and RAK

Just a short post. 

On Friday's Ian doesn't go to school yet.  At the moment he and I do groceries every second Friday which he seems to enjoy and we often end up doing a drop off and pick up at work as well.  This is precisely what we did today.  Ian had bread and cheese for lunch while I had bread and smoked salmon; yum!

At 1pm we head off to horseriding with the RDA (Disabled Riders Association), Ian's been telling me he doesn't want to go for the last term.  Today I spoke to the organiser and we've decided he'll stop at the end of this term and maybe consider trying again in a year or so.  He has enjoyed it, especially at the beginning, but he has an allergy to horses which probably doesn't help.  He's still got his gymnastics after school gets out and that he really enjoys.  I think it's more important that he does stuff he enjoys at this age.

It was a hard decision, but I'm glad I've made it and I'll confirm next Friday so they know to let another child have the opportunity next term.

This evening I put my little pattern wishlist up on the Ravelry RAK group, about 30 minutes later someone has emailed me 2 of the patterns!   I wanted a few, but Manu and Myrtle Cardigan were among them.  Both are 4 ply (fingering) weight patterns and both are really pretty.  Manu already has some yarn chosen from my stash; it's going to be purple but I don't know the brand or anything as it was bought sans ball bands.  They're both now queued and I'm really looking forward to knitting them.  Manu will be a lovely Autumn cardigan and Myrtle will be wonderful in the summer months.  Whisper cardigan does come first though and of course current WIP's and DH's socks.

0 comments:

Blog Archive