Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sick child

After the 5.0 aftershock today (felt much stronger) I went to school to check on the boys.  Ian was fine, but George was feeling scared so I brought him home.   He was coughing when he went to school.  He now has a temp of 37 degrees, cough, headache and has gone to bed already at 6pm.  No dinner, but he did drink a full glass of water.   I suspect he'll be home tomorrow unless there's a huge turnaround in his health overnight.
I think any chance of me getting to the traders day tomorrow has gone out the window.

Before all that though I did get the vacuuming done, well most of it.  Mum came around and we weeded the driveway so that's all clear now.  I feel absolutely drained after that and the earthquake and now George.  Thomas is off to Auckland tomorrow so if George gets worse I'm coping by myself, if he does get worse we'll be ringing the doctor I think anyway.  I have given him a painkiller tonight though, I prefer not to so the temperature can do its job, but with the headache I didn't really have much choice.

Nothing wrong with his ears anyway, Ian asked for pudding, George was down to ask for some for him as well; obviously while not well, he's not that sick.

0 comments:

Blog Archive