Challenge #7 - Accessorise
What the item is:
An 1810's Reticule (or bag)
about as incorrect as you can get. The outer is a machine embroidered poly-silk. The inner is a quilting cotton. However in the case of the outer it was fabric I had no clue what to do with (why did I even buy it?) and this was a way to remove it from stash without feeling guilty.
Free reticule pattern is what I used, really happy with it too, it came out just how I envisioned it.
Approximately 1810 to go with my dress
Polyester thread (I said it wasn't historically accurate, remember?)
Cotton DMC thread to make the tassle
Rayon cording for the ties.
How historically accurate is it?
Hmm, well the pattern is probably fairly close, but it's machine sewn and the fabric....
Hours to complete:
Probably around 2 and a few days wait for the rattail rayon cording.
Not yet, it's awaiting the remaining dress layers to be made
$8 for the Rattail cord including post; it would have been more but everything else is from very old stash.
That's it for the bag, I've also been knitting though and I've finished the first sock of a pair
|Using Vintage Purls Max. The second sock goes in the opposite colour progression. The second one is only 3 rows in so no photo yet.|
|Another Riverrun sock, this is my travel knitting as I can knit the pattern now without having to think much.|
I've been spinning too:
|Heavenly Wools Barrier Reef on Charcoal spun hopefully bulky 3-ply. 220m of it.|
|Hard to see, but there's 2 colours in there. Paprika and cobalt blue, the end result should be a very basic plaid knee rug.|
|3m of very nice wool melton for a cloak that should work for 1775 and 1810! I got the last of it, according to Costume Close Up I should be able to get it out of slightly less than that, hope they're right!|