Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blogtoberfest XXI

A pretty good day today.  Last night at the guild meeting my boss who wasn't there won one of the raffles.  I dropped that off to her this morning with my work and came away with more work and a dozen duck eggs.
Ian and I will be baking tomorrow, so look forward to yummy pics, in the meantime here's the raw ingredient that's setting this baking off
They're not as large as I expected, but this is a good thing, I won't have to adjust my liquids in recipes.  I think there might be banana muffins as my bananas are ready to leave the house.

After I got home I got the nappy covers finished and George is wearing one tonight.  I did one with white snaps and the other with baby blue, both look good and cover the nappy well.  Just the nappies to go for George now, but waiting on some fabric.  If I don't hear something soon I'll just have to make them double layers of BKT instead.
I've also signed up for another KAL, this one is a mystery one being done by TiKKi of Milo vest fame.  We had a choice of boy or girl item, I went boy of course and I'll be using Naturally Tussock in beige which is the right weight and a good colour for either of my boys.  I don't have time to spin anything or I would have gone that way.  So my Vintage Purls KAL might go on hold, I also have a hat to knit for a swap, probably making a WWII hat which is kind of different, but not so different as to scare people.  That'll be in the yarn left over from my Catamount Cardigan, it's a colour that will look good on a guy.  I won't post photo's until it's received though for just in case the recipient is watching.

Before picking up the boys I managed to get some prep work done for sewing.  I've cut out Thomas' business trousers, the fabric is a grey wool blend and is a nice weight for trousers.  The pattern is Burda 3150 which I've used a couple of times before with great success.  I'm hoping I might get some work done on these over the long weekend, but that'll depend on the boys.  If it's fine I want to spend some time outside playing with them.
Here's the start of the trouser journey though
Doesn't look much yet.

0 comments:

Blog Archive