Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Finished!!! Patchwork Prism QAL

Oh, I'm in love!   Yesterday I did a wee bit of free motion quilting in the middle of my quilt, it was a butterfly and once I'd done that I stopped as I didn't want any more, it was just perfect.    The binding was put on last night and now she's finished and she's beautiful.


Meet Beauty-A Patchwork Prism Quilt

All finished on display

On the couch, where she'll get used most often

Butterfly FMQ in the middle; love this!

The back, in flannel
Some quick details:

Front is the Prism Quilt pattern by Anna Marie Horner for Janome; I'm participating in the Prism QAL, see the button on my sidebar for details.
I used mostly stash fabrics; some from the pack of fat quarters I won from V&Co, had to buy a few browns and greens though due to a major lack in my stash.
The batting was an old cream wool blanket with some stains that washing didn't move.  It was a touch on the prickly side so didn't get used as a blanket often, this way it'll be used a lot.
Backing is Essentials Flannel by Wilmington; I got it for a very good price from Fabric Shack and it worked well for backing and binding.   Makes it nice and snuggly for winter; which is good considering winter has definitely hit here.

I took it into Stitch to show off this morning and it was very well received, some of the fabric I used came from there.   I think I might put it in the Summer Sewing Competition (see my sidebar for that button too); it looks summery to me and might help me think it's summer even though it's freezing cold!

12 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

Its beautiful!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, I'm feeling really rather proud of this; already planning the next one for eldest bear.

Teje Karjalainen said... Best Blogger Tips

Really beautiful and the butterfly is so great!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

you've finished it! congrats! I need to make binding for my Prism.... :)
hugs from Russia

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, I love the butterfly too. I've put off doing more quilting on it because I don't want my butterfly disappearing. Being a blanket in the middle it doesn't really need it I don't think anyway.

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

It's a lovely design, hope you enjoyed making it as much as I have.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the colors! Beautiful!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you, I popped over to your blog too, some lovely work there. I might have just started following you :)

Janine said... Best Blogger Tips

Great quilt! Love the fabrics! The butterfly was a great choice...

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for that, I love the butterfly too; I didn't draw it before hand so was quite pleased when it turned out so well.

Pile O Fabric said... Best Blogger Tips

Doesn't it feel good to have made this! I know when I finished mine it was so rewarding. It looks wonderful :)

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

It felt wonderful and has come in handy today, my husband is feeling a bit unwell so has been wrapped in it all day.

Blog Archive