Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday - mix it up

I forgot to post last week so this morning I put on what I was wearing last Wednesday and then changed to what I had planned for today.

Last Wednesday:
I'm wearing my base piece which is the Jetty knit tunic; it's my favourite thing in winter since I made it last winter.   One day I'll make another in dress length.
The skirt is years old, bought it from a factory shop, it's stretch velveteen and I love it.
The top is a merino one and is also a winter favourite.
My hair is down too.

Today:
Same tunic
My Wrangler jeans, only pair I have that's high waist and comfy.
Same merino top
My shoes are Stegman
My necklace is me-made; it's a silk knit lanyard and a glass donut.  I love it cos I spun the yarn too, it's a Navajo plied silk single yarn in purple and peacock.
My hair is in a twisted bun to the side, I'll be doing some sewing today so needed it out of the way.

Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

10 comments:

Notchka said... Best Blogger Tips

You look so cute with the bun!! and I love the confident pose. The necklace sounds really awesome, especially that you made it right from scratch.

Miriam said... Best Blogger Tips

Love that tunic and I love the way you are combining colour too. I feel very inspired about the hair-change-up too I need to think of some stuff to do with mine!

Jess B said... Best Blogger Tips

Your hair looks great in that fabulous bun! I also really love your tunic - what a great winter piece. I think it would be gorgeous as a longer dress too. You're so clever!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, I've recently come to love the off-centre bun. I haven't been wearing jewellery much lately but I think I'll be mixing that in a bit more.

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I need to try more hairstyles, Dh has suggested I badly need to get a trim (been over 2 years) so I might ask for hints on other updo's. Thanks for the colour compliment, I find teal looks great with so many things.

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank-you, I'll have to get more yarn to make the dress, but it's definitely on the must-do list. I'm thinking a burgundy would be nice. Btw, it's not so much clever as practiced; been knitting since I was a kid off and on :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your tunic, it must be so warm! The colour is great, and suits you so well! As the others said, love your hair up in a bun, looks really nice xx

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

It is lovely and warm, and my favourite colour too! Thanks for the compliments.

nz green buttons said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your tunic! But I'd really love to see a close up photo of your necklace it sounds stunning!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I've just posted a close up photo of it on today's blogpost; hope that helps. I love the tunic too, especially when it's been as cold as it was yesterday.

Blog Archive