Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 01, 2012

#reverb12 Day 1: How are you starting?

How are you starting this last month of 2012?

Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath and ask yourself the question: how do you feel...

... in your body? in your mind? in your day job? in your creative life? in your heart?

This is the question for the first day of #reverb12.

Body:  tired at the moment, we put up a 12' trampoline this morning and we've installed another fence post so I'm really really tired!

Mind:  frustrated, mostly due to EQC.   Even though we're opting out they still have to approve everything.   They won't redecorate the dining room because I'd got started on that when the earthquake hit, so it's been sitting there with wallpaper half off for 2 years.    Also they don't think the carport is their problem as it was a dirt floor and they want to reuse the slab.   I suspect we'll be going down the disputes route, unless there's a miracle.   I really hate EQC, they were supposed to be a support in case of earthquake damage, they are instead the biggest pile of beaurocratic crap in the country.

Day Job:  it's a job.

Creative Life:  this is what keeps me sane (mostly).   I'm enjoying quilting even if I can't baste my quilt at the moment due to high winds and spitting rain.   I'll be using spray baste so need to do it outside.  I'm enjoying doing my mystery shawl as well, just need more time for these things.   Once the quilt is finished though I have to put some time into house maintenance (painting eaves, more fence posts, decorating the dining room/kitchen).   It'll be nice to get those done though.

Heart:   I'm pretty happy in my heart.  I have a wonderful husband and children who mostly make me proud to be their mum.   2 lovely cats as well, though Star can be a little free with the claws.

0 comments:

Blog Archive