I was only planning one post today, but we had an issue with youngest disappearing at about 6.55pm; just after I told him to get ready for bed. 5 minutes later I realised he'd gone, along with his scooter so George and I headed up to school. We found his scooter, but no Ian and he didn't answer our call so back home to call the police.
Shortly after I'd given them all the details they got me to go back to the school to meet them at the gate closest to where his scooter was, but not right at that point as they were sending in a police dog to help and didn't want the scent interfered with. It took probably close to an hour but a short time ago they pulled up the drive with Ian in the car. He'd followed the cleaners into a classroom, and hid under a table to play with the I-pad.
My heartfelt thanks to the police that went around the area to see if they could find him, also to the dog handler who did find him and brought him back in his police car, and who then went back to see if he could find Ian's shoes (he couldn't). I've since found the shoes. I think I'll ring the police to give them my thanks as well, I know they take flack for some of what they do, but people need to remember they do some really good stuff as well as the controversial things.
When Ian came home I finally lost it and got all weepy, had been perfectly calm up till that point. I couldn't even yell at him for scaring me so much. Unfortunately he has no concept that he's done wrong and I'm unsure how to get that through to him. I think I'll be locking the gate for a while at night.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (51)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (91)
- Birthday Post
- No knitting, but...
- Frau Holle
- #reverb12 Day 27: How will you honour your creativ...
- Merry Christmas to everyone!
- #reverb12 Day 24: Your most important habit?
- #reverb12 Day 23: What will you let go of?
- #reverb12 Day 22: Your most important gift?
- #reverb12 Day 21: What's on the dream list?
- #reverb12 day 18: The colour of you?
- A new project
- #reverb12 Day 13: Some selfie love?
- #reverb12 Day 11: What was music to your ears?
- #reverb12 Day 10: Your greatest risk?
- #reverb12 Day 9: Your favourite book?
- #reverb12 Day 8: Your most important relationship?...
- #reverb12 Day 7: What will you take with you?
- How wonderful are the Police
- #reverb12 Day 6: What did you learn
- #reverb12 Day 5: What was your dream destination?
- #reverb12 Day 4: How will you celebrate YOU?
- #reverb12 Day 3: What do you really wish for?
- #reverb12 Day 1: How are you starting?
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (17)