Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 23, 2010

Just a quick post

Webfrau has contacted me so her yarn will be on its way on Monday, got some more spinning done today too; course is finished aside from the paperwork so I can send that off on Monday as well.

Tomorrow, hmm.  It's hopefully D-day for the ducks.   They're handsome birds, but gosh are they messy!   Our lawn looks like a swamp and it's getting hard to find a suitable spot for the guinea pigs to snack on with the poo and damage they've done.   I think we're going to break their necks; he's going first and I'm keeping his feathers.  Will have to set up a big pot to dunk him in so I can pluck him easily; wish me luck cos it's the first time I've ever killed anything and I really don't want to come out of this with nothing.  A duck dinner would be at least some return.

3 comments:

Webfrau said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck with that, there's a reason my chickens die of old age! :)

KathyR said... Best Blogger Tips

I've plucked and gutted the occasional chicken, back in the days when we had a few acres, but my husband always did the killing as I could never bring myself to kill them. Best of luck, oh brave one!

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

ducks have a small reprieve till tomorrow. BIL's birthday celebration this evening so we don't have time unfortunately; so they've been fed and we'll get them done after lunch tomorrow all going well. Their enclosure has been reduced in size so we can catch them and there won't be anymore food from now.

Blog Archive