Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hope tomorrow improves

Tis the season for colds, coughs etc and I'm coughing and running, at least it's not a chesty cough, just a bark; but gosh is it annoying (and painful). Throwing back the garlic and vitamin C and drinking heaps.
Hoping I'll be better tomorrow as MIL will have the boys so I want to get some sewing done rotfl.

Today I've been working, partially frogging my One Sided vest after discovering the cable instructions are back to front and starting on it again.  Will be doing some more spinning tonight, but on my last session I finished my Perendale, 530m of DK weight after washing
Isn't she pretty?  I'm planning on turning her into no-heel bed socks; yum.

In the meantime I'm working on my course Merino spinning, it's the final part so I'll get to ply this lot.  Have to spin about 3 skeins worth, including one in the grease which will be interesting as I never spin in the grease.  I want to get that finished so I can get back to my other spinning and knitting.

I've also cast on the socks from the Vintage Purls winter sock club (Spiral Bound), but I'm doing them in an alternative yarn which is Handmaiden Casbah.   I'm really happy with them so far, all 20 rows.


I also need to cast on for Cinnamon Grace using this yarn
It's Purewool Merino in fingering weight, I was a little surprised by the number of knots in it (3) plus a lot of slightly nubbly bits but it will still do a good job on the shawl.

1 comments:

Anne (I should be sleeping) said... Best Blogger Tips

Coughs aren't fun :(
That cinnamon grace wool is stunning! Looking forward to seeing the bedsocks :)

Blog Archive