I've finished piecing my quilt top for the table runner; here's a photo of it before I started quilting.
Quilt top pinned to batting and backing
Attaching it to the backing was interesting, the top was perfectly smooth and then I realised the back was all wrinkly so there was a quick flip, smooth and repinning. Then flip again and redo the top, sigh. I've since added more pins at each intersection and started doing some freemotion quilting. This is the first time I've done this on a proper quilt top. I've finished the 3 on the right in this picture. The top one is stippled, the middle I've done a mostly straight line along the edge of the colours and the bottom is a jagged stipple, looks like flames (mostly). I started doing pebbles on the next one over (top, 2nd from right) but the tension had gone haywire so I've stopped for the day. I suspect that it's because the bobbin is almost empty.
I need to get more thread before I go further as I'm pretty sure once I refill the bobbin that I'll run out of thread.