|Spotted this wee chap|
We've got signs autumn is now here, a cooler day yesterday, hot again today and tomorrow will be cooler again.
|First autumnal leaves on our peach tree, the ground under the tree is littered with peaches. These are preserving peaches.|
|I'm going to make a colourwork yoked cardigan with this, probably Chickadee|
I've finished some things, t-shirts for the boys
|The boys love them! The camo was a particular hit.|
|Venus Fly Trap. Now full of flies, we had a damp day and the flies have suddenly appeared. Ian's over the moon over this plant.|
|Business Casual Sock|
|Map of Christchurch, I love this!|
|Flick carded and worsted spun.|
I've also finished the 1913 shirt I was working on
|detail of flat felled seam being set up for sewing|
|My perfect collar, really pleased with it|
|It sits better on me, the dress form is fuzzy.|
Fabric: I suspect this is a cotton/poly blend, but mostly cotton, the stripe is woven in.
Pattern: Simplicity 2985 which is a menswear pattern. I've added some width to the front for a pleat, changed all the gathers to pleats, changed the button orientation to suit a woman's shirt, used white for the inside yoke and collar to keep things clean. I also changed the collar to use just the collar stand based on the uniform in Downton Abbey, Season 1.
Notions: Polyester thread, shell buttons
How historically accurate is it? I think it may actually be fairly accurate. I based it on the blouses worn in Downton Abbey, all seams are flat felled, buttons are handsewn, though buttonholes are machine sewn. There is iron-on interfacing though which I know is horribly innacurate.
Hours to complete: 7
First worn: Not yet worn, needs washing to remove the little blue marks, lol.
Total cost: As usual this has been in my stash for years, buttons cost $9
I also made George a caveman outfit, can't find a photo of that though. This week alone I've used 7 pieces of fabric from my stash! Adding the other circa 1913 items I've used 10 pieces of stash fabric up and it's only March. Really pleased by this.
Still working on my second sock, planning next Historical challenge item which will be another striped item, possibly another shirt using a more historical pattern.