Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Ready to Go!

12" of 8-10 cotton warped up to make 6 table mats.   I'll be using the same colour for most of the weft and a mix of pink and brown for a 2" band on each end of each mat.   On Tuesday I'll be winding my weft onto the bobbins ready to go and hopefully also checking my tie up before getting started on the actual weaving.

I've also finished Thomas's socks
The colour is much richer in real life and they fit T better than they do me
We've been busy here, getting prices for retro-fitting double glazing.   We don't have the pricing yet, but depending on how much depends on whether we're going for the whole house or just the lounge and bedrooms; either way we won't be doing the conservatory; that'll just stay cold in winter I think.   I knew this house was cold in winter, but the new studio rooms on the garage have made it more obvious just how bad the house is.   The walls and roof are insulated, but the windows are really big so we lose a huge amount of heat out of them despite having thermal curtains.   We're only looking at real glass options, no nylon or DIY as although they're cheaper they're also more prone to failing.

Now it's time for me to unpick some seams on the eighteenth century dress to get it ready to re-fit and test on my new machine in the next couple of days.   I'm also going to wind a ball of yarn for my next shawl and do some ironing (oh joy).    Then I can do some spinning of more white and work on my 2 year old jersey for spring (Breakwater is the pattern)

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Weaving!! Oh I'm very jealous, I can't wait to see how you get on!! The socks look awesome :D

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

The socks look great

Love the sound of the place mats - will be very interested to see them

Blog Archive