Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 04, 2014

Unexpected Knitting

Tonight I haven't slept; instead I spent several hours in our emergency department getting something checked out.   Luckily all is well, and instead of sleep I got to listen to a lot of very unwell people and I got to knit a rainbow.
I had done about 2 rows on the ribbing when I left; now over halfway down the foot!
There were a couple of people who were very interested; probably a change for the doctors and nurses to the usual books and cellphones.    It also meant I didn't ask how long the wait would be, I just waited and knit instead.

Today was originally going to be spent working and sewing etc, but I think I'm just going to vege and look forward to an early night instead.   And no doubt later this week there will be a bill from the ambulance service to add to the taxi I took home, but I don't begrudge it.   I do feel they need more taxi's though; took a good 30 minutes for them to arrive from when I called and from what I saw on TV3 a little while back it's not due to them being too busy, but due to there being less taxi's on the roads since the earthquakes.    I suspect a lot stopped due to the horrible roads and the continuous bills to fix the cars after driving on them.

3 comments:

Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear all is well, and hooray for rainbows!

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope everything is okay! Rainbows always make me smile!

Truly Myrtle said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear all is well - love the rainbow, thank goodness for knitting!

Blog Archive