Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Best Laid Plans

I did manage to get my first spinning on Esmerelda finished this week
157.5m Navajo plied merino/silk approx fingering weight
But unfortunately I didn't get many of the other things I'd planned done due to illness in the family.   Monday was youngest who lost his breakfast, luckily before school, but then bounced back fairly quickly.   Tuesday everyone was fine so I got a little work done on the dress and also some more knitting and some cleaning.   Wednesday I got hit with what I thought was my version of youngest's bug, but it just turned out to be that time of the month getting to me more than normal; put me out of action for 2 days though.    Then yesterday youngest wasn't well again.  This time he'd lost his bounce, by halfway through the day he had a nasty cough and today once again no bounce and he's coughing and sneezing and running a slight temperature.    I did get to guild, as Dh looked after him which was good, but he's not a well unit and I think I'll be staying home tomorrow to keep an eye on him.  I can't see him going to school on Monday and the school play is on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so not sure if he'll be up to that even if back at school on Tuesday as it's a late night.

I think tomorrow will be doing hand work while keeping an eye on my wee lad, you feel so helpless when they're sick.

One good thing, I've got started on my Evenstar Shawl, I've had to resort to my least favourite needles to get it going, but circulars result in broken yarn (I'm using a very fine cashmere) so DPN's it is even if I do feel like I'm using an angry hedgehog to knit with.  This is part of a shawl challenge at the guild so will continue alongside other projects and will be a long-term one.

2 comments:

Katherine said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the colours in your plyed merino/silk. Do you dye fibre yourself?

Rachelle said... Best Blogger Tips

@Katherine

Hi Katherine, I didn't dye this one; it's by a local dyer called Anna Harris. I do dye from time to time, but haven't recently due to other demands on my time; I do plan on getting back into it though, so much fun!

Blog Archive