For our earthquake repairs the ceiling in the shower room is going to be overlaid with new GIB (gypsum board for my international readers), as they were concerned about the wallpaper on the existing boards I said I'd remove that (we want to repaint in there anyway). Yesterday I started and found that the existing GIB above the shower is showing signs of water damage so we've just gone and spent $94 at Mitre 10 for a new sheet of Aqualine GIB (water resistant), plus the stopping compound, the screws and the tape, plus a spray bottle to get the wallpaper off. I also found another crack in a join in the existing GIB that's staying put so I'll fix that myself I think.
Got to wonder what else we'll find as we go!
The damaged GIB is now off, and looks like I'm spending mother's day doing that instead of what I'd planned in my last free weekend before the work starts. I need to make something for Ian's teacher aide, funnily enough I'm not in the mood with all this, but I think I'm going to make the bag still but start off with some fingerless gloves in the same yarn I used for my Central Park Hoodie. It's an aran weight so will knit up quickly and I'm going to make a pattern I've used before, Humanity Mitts. I love my pair and they'll be lovely and warm for the winter.
In the meantime I'm going to go back into the shower room and try and remove the old glue and stuff off the studs so I can measure and cut the new stuff to go up.
- ► 2015 (51)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ▼ May (10)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (17)