Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An exciting day!

We've finally got the heads up from the bank that EQC has sent them a cheque for our claim.    This means today has been a round of emails to our chosen repairer, the garage company, the EQC guy who's been so helpful and also phone calls to family to let them know too.   Yay!
Just have to hope that the council don't get too overzealous on their fees, but we won't know that till everything is in.

I've finished painting for the moment, at least outside.    We've decided to pay someone to paint the bits we have access issues with (on top of the roof and the conservatory and the big gable), luckily I have a second cousin who has a painting firm and he can fit us in around other jobs, and he has his own scaffolding.  We've agreed to his terms which are less than getting scaffolding up so hopefully in a few weeks our neighbours will have a much nicer outlook.

Old colour, this bit is going to be done by professionals
New colour which is much nicer to look at as well as not chalking!
No painting today as I was looking outside at this:
Very heavy rain!

Definitely autumn now I think.
So today I've been knitting on Dh's sock, will have to try it on him when he gets home as I suspect it's close to the right length.  Downside is I'm going to run out of yarn, really hoping that a lady on Ravelry has some left over, she's going to check and let me know tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me!  Photo's to come on the sock when it's on the foot.

I also did the next item on my Historical Sew Fortnightly, it's a soft entry really but something I needed.
Workbag in 1913 parlance; today it's a project bag.
I used the tutorial from In Color Order but changed the sizing a wee bit to make it a better kniting bag size.   It's bigger.   I only bought the ribbon and the lining fabric to finish these as with the bigger size it needs more than a fat quarter to make the lining.   I'm keeping the top one, the bottom one is a gift for a fibre swap. It's nice to have finally used some of the Beatrix Potter print as I do love her work, but had nothing suitable to use it for.   Might have to make some more of these, I also have some of Mary Cicely Barker's Flower Fairy fabric to use.

4 comments:

kristieinbc said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the project bag! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

It's great that things are finally moving. Love the project bag!

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips

So pleased to hear you finally got the money through for your repairs!

Roz said... Best Blogger Tips

Exciting to hear about the EQC go ahead. Sorry the weather has changed on us and hope it doesn't delay your repairs too much. Happy creating

Blog Archive