Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 06, 2011

What's coming up

There will of course be more family stuff on the blog in the coming year.   Ian's starting in room 6 which is Year 2 this year.   He will still have the same main Teacher Aides (Wendy and Michelle), but is going to be full time after about 3 weeks.  Wendy will not always be available as she's starting to do teacher training; a full year with Ian didn't put her off and she still thinks he's lovely (he is, just a little challenging at times).

Sewing:    I'm going to be doing more of this in the coming year.   I've got one more skirt to make and I need some bike shorts as well.   Thomas needs more trousers and I think the boys could do with a couple of pairs of shorts too.   I'd also like to work on a costume piece at some point as well, maybe even something practical like a long skirt with bloomers underneath that I can still actually wear.   I think the Elizabethan costume might have to wait a while.

Knitting:  I've got 4 projects on the needles at the moment which need to be finished.   Whisper Cardigan, Central Park Hoodie, Spiral socks and One Side vest.   I'm going to finish Whisper first as I need that right now, then the socks.   At that point I will finish a cardigan not on the list that Mum did most of, but doesn't suit her; only got the button band to do.  Then One Sided will be finished and I can cast on something new.   I'll be casting on my Bug Out mittens, and a shawl, probably the Evenstar or Citron.  Maybe both.  I want to get at least 3 more pairs of socks finished this year and am aiming for 12 cardigans/vests/jerseys including some colourwork.

Spending:  I've got to pay back for my new bag and pay for the old one to be fixed, then I'll be saving for a bike rack that can fit all 4 family bikes on it.  That way we'll be able to go places as a family and bike around. Should be great fun!

Ok, that's all for the moment.  Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Blog Archive