is finished. The fabric was from my stash, I've lined it with a cotton lycra that was also from my stash. I know the cotton won't last that well, but I swim infrequently so that shouldn't really be an issue. I've used Lastin for the elastic and added a shelf bra to the top. I graded up a boy-leg pattern I had and used a singlet pattern for the top. I think I'll test it in the bath before I wear it for the first time in the pool, this is important as its first outing will be at George's end of year school trip, going down the hydroslide. Not really looking forward to it, I don't overly like swimming, but it wouldn't be fair if he didn't get to go down the slide.
What do you think of it?
I had to make it, wasn't prepared to fork out over $80 for a shop-bought one and my current one is 2 sizes too small. I do need to do something about that and will be once I'm feeling well enough again, still a wee bit chesty atm.
My next sewing thing is to hem the most hideous jacket in the world for a friend of Mikes' (BIL). Someone had hacked the original hem off, not evenly either so that needs some work and I think I'll have to see if I've got any black bias binding to make the hem as shallow as I can.
Then Thomas's business trousers as one of his current pairs is really past its best.
In the meantime I'm still knitting the shawlette and will be working on my Fratello for George as soon as that's finished. I'm over halfway through the shawlette.
- ► 2016 (21)
- ► 2015 (51)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ▼ November (7)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (17)