Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Freeranging ducks

They're finally out on the lawn. Most of the day they've been keeping close to the kids pool, so they've spent very little time in their pool. I think they've forgotten how to get to it tbh. They've been eating grass and a little of their normal food, but not doing much else. The wild duck flew in 10 minutes ago and they've been following her around like their god just landed; very funny to watch. She flew across the lawn as Thomas was picking up the kids toys to keep them away from duck doo and they had a wee moment of panicking about where she'd gone. She then landed and they waddled as fast as they could to get back to her. Will be interesting to see what happens when she flies out for the night.

As well as that yesterday was my birthday. The boys weren't very well behaved, but aside from that it was a good day. I know I have a Wii coming, but it won't be here till new year, I scored one from 1-day.co.nz for $399 new. Very pleased, downside though is I found out afterwards that Thomas was going to get me my dog; aarrgh! I was convinced it'd never happen so it hadn't ever occurred to me that he'd do that for my birthday. It'll happen at some point now though so it's just a matter of when. I want a puppy that I can train not to chase the ducks.
We also went to the movies that night and saw Avatar in 3D again, love that movie. I will definitely be getting it when it comes out on DVD. One of those movies that you wish the world created really existed. I loved the Na'avi.

Last day of the year today here in the Southern Hemisphere. I have a couple of new years resolutions.
1. Exercise more, a run each morning so that when we do get a dog I'm fit enough to cope and also so that my tummy reduces.

2. Drink more water

3. Spend less, I'm planning on going to a hypnotherapist to help with this, I figure that if I spend the $300 or less on that and it works, it's well worth it.

Happy New Year everyone!

0 comments:

Blog Archive