Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Distracted

Tired as I haven't been sleeping well for the last few days, finger is still acting up and I'm totally addicted to playing Skyrim on the Xbox.    I need to get the game finished so I can get back to crafting.
I've cut George's hair, this is halfway through; it's now a number 2 cut.

 Also getting ready for his enrollment at intermediate level next year.   Some signatures required from us and him and I can take this in.    I'll wait till a fine day though, I have to walk as there's no parking to be had near the school at all.
I've not been a total loss on the crafting side.   I have at least got Ian's socks to the foot point and done some mending (does that count as craft?) and my stays are now bound on the bottom.    I'm waiting on the ribbon to arrive to see if I can get away with making eyelets with my current awl or if I have to wait till my bigger awl arrives.    I've also got the dies coming for my snap press to let me do eyelets on the press; that will be great for any Victorian era corsets I may do.
Ian's second sock is now looking good.

The stays all bound, that blue thing on the bottom is my current awl
 I might have picked up some leather and suede to use in my corsets as well.   Navy leather (lambskin) and navy, tan and chocolate suede which will be used mainly for binding in future.

My current spinning, very fine silk/merino
Hoping to get Skyrim finished this week.  Also have an appointment to see an osteopath to try and sort out my finger, will see if he can help with the IBS and painful periods as well seeing as I'm there anyway.  Also paying a visit to a spinning friend so her husband can fix 2 bobbins for me that stick a little; must remember to take the wheel and bobbins when I pop over!  Speaking of the wheel, she now has a new accessory thanks to Joanne who made a wee bag to hold onto those bits that get picked out of fibre when spinning and usually end up where they shouldn't.   Now I can pop them in there and then biff them when I get home; fantastic!

In garage news, it's held up due to levels, waiting to hear back from Skyline who are waiting to hear from a particular person in council to find out what options we have.   

2 comments:

Truly Myrtle said... Best Blogger Tips

Our sons are the same age :) I'm rather partial to cutting his hair too...

Loving your spinning. I am just loving spinning although feel like I should slow down a little - I'm going to be out of fibre fast! This could get expensive...

Kat McNally said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Rachelle,
Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far.
I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
Take care,
Kat xx

Blog Archive