Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 01, 2011

Pulling myself out of the hacker hole

Well, most of the damage has been cleaned up and my email and Ebay are all ok.  Unfortunately although my facebook account has been frozen, I'm having absolutely no luck with getting any response from them on how to get it back..  In the meantime I'm using a new account Rachelle Sewsable Crosbie.  I'm slowly adding my friends and am missing my Mafia Wars and Frontierville games which were getting fairly good on stats etc.  Although this isn't quite starting from scratch, it's still hard.   Onward and upward though; if I don't get the original account back at least I can still get my new one closer.

Some news on the home front, we now have a decent lawnmower
This is our new blue baby.  It changed our lawn from this:
 to this:
some weeding was done as well which really helped.  Our old lawnmower (we have 3 actually) was a good old Morrison push mower; the cast iron variety.  Unfortunately with the lawn being so uneven in heights after the earthquake, it being a little boggy and the mowers all being partially broken meant that we tended to put off mowing and often couldn't even if we wanted to with the moisture levels.  Over a few sessions it'll get shorter too; had to start with the mower set pretty high.  Ian stayed inside as he's not keen on the noise; George had a go pushing it under supervision; and both of us were wearing earmuffs to protect from the racket.

Pity we didn't have it before Ian's birthday party.   Our smallest boy is now 7!  He's not much smaller than his brother though.  Doing mostly well at school, though the week following his party he wasn't doing so well with attention.  We blame that week on his party followed by another biggish aftershock.  Ian had a great party though; only immediate family but that's what he wanted.   I made him a tornado cake, which he rather liked
I was pretty happy with the cake; I'm not a decorator, but you could tell what it was.

On the crafting front I'm starting sewing again.   I've got lots of tops to start tomorrow, I've also got a skirt cut out from gray wool which is A-line and I'm decorating it with some sewing tape printed with 10 inch tape measure lines.  I think it's going to look really cool.   I'll probably start fitting it in a day or two; today was not a good day for fitting.  Tomorrow will be better.
Tomorrow is also the start date for Tour de Fleece; technically if I go with the tour's timeline I think I start at some ridiculous time tomorrow night; but I think I might have to start slightly early.  I've chosen my fibre, there are a couple of things not on the photo including some silk hankies and the Merino/silk blend I'm currently spinning.
From left, clockwise we have.  Romney from Wabisabi fibres which will be plied with the green Romney under it.  The green is the same in both lots.  Next up is some Superwash Merino which I splatter dyed a while back; this will be spun thicker and should make a gorgeous hat.  Romney (I think) from a fibre swap.  Merino in periwinkle, this will be spun finer.  More Merino also from the aforementioned fibre swap in Pukeko colourway from Heavenly Wools in Oxford.  I love her stuff.   The fibre on the wheel at the moment is in shades of mauve and lavender with some others thrown in.  The silk hankies are pinks.

Knitting; some of you are probably waiting for this.  Not a huge amount happening since the mittens were finished.  I've cast on for Andrea's Shawl, but can't go any further until the second colour arrives from The Loopy Ewe.  It's been 3 weeks now and I'm getting worried, but they've had stuff take up to 5 weeks.  If it takes that long then there's no way I'll have it finished in time for Camp Loopy.  I really hope it does arrive in time; but here it is so far
Displayed to advantage on the cats back.   I'm also almost done on the first handspun sock.  No photo today, will take that once the toe is finished and grafted; but I've changed the pattern slightly.  There are 3 pattern repeats across the front of the sock and I'm continuing the middle one down the toe to the graft; I want to be able to wear them with sandals in the summer.

0 comments:

Blog Archive