Monday, March 24, 2008
A very busy weekend, most of it was spent in the sewing room after DH's using all of the last few weekends on his projects.
Started off by making a lion with George (well, mostly me, but he wanted to help).
I also ordered a book on using my new loom, a couple of knitting books, some bamboo dpn's and a bolt of silk kimono fabric which cost me $29 US. I'm so looking forward to that arriving. No more spending for a while though aside from necessities like supplements.
I made 3 bags, 2 of them are for a swap on TNN though so I can't post pics here yet. I only needed to make one, but I had some fabric that screamed it was for the lady's daughter so a second one was done. I did one shopping bag for me out of some fabric left over from a dress I made a wee while back.
I've also made 4 pairs of trousers for George for school, took the basic Kwik-Sew pattern from the Childrens book and adapted it to be very similar to the bought ones. I'm keeping 2 aside which will be for if he ruins some or else for Ian when he starts. I'm quite pleased with these as they look great!
After I'd finished these I had just enough time to make the frontage for our wood shed so the weather can't get in. The fabric was bought from Hollingsworth agencies for $6pm +gst. It's 100% polyester waterproof, non-breathable. It's stapled at the top, and the hem has a wood insert for weight. Looks really good!
Posted by Rachelle at 8:07 PM
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (51)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ▼ 2008 (17)