Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 09, 2024

A Catch Up

 It's been a long time!  I've been working on my health and fitness, 2 steps forward, 4 back it feels like.  Workouts had to stop due to illness, injury etc but I'm back to it again and hoping to do better this time.  
This year started badly though, we lost my father-in-law and he'll be greatly missed.  Before he passed we had blocked drains which also affected our neighbour in the front property and our water main also sprung a leak.  On top of that I fixed a fence, which stuffed up my forearm.  Trying to fix that with rest, massage and stretching.

As far as what I've been doing, I've got some photos.

Made a workout skirt with undershorts, there was a whoopsie with the cutting out as I didn't read the pattern properly (bad Rachelle).  I cut out one of each skirt piece which gave me a 3/4 and a full circle skirt piece.  Didn't have enough fabric to recut, so put the 3/4 on the front and used the full circle on the back and I think I actually prefer it that way!  The pattern is the Rally Skirt by Greenstyle Creations and I'm planning on making a second one with a tiered overskirt in stretch mesh.

Used some double gauze to make this Galicia top from Itch to Stitch.  Didn't use any interfacing as that would have changed the hand of the fabric too much.  Absolutely love it, no good in the heat we've been having though.

This shawl was a mystery KAL called Supernova by Ambah O'Brien.  I got a kit, but then changed out colours and am much happier with the new scheme.

Snow Matter What is the pattern, by Imagined Landscapes and it's a gnome who magically turned into a snowgnome; you knit both versions.  It was also a MKAL.

A bee, pattern by Claire Garland, so happy with this one!

The body is done on Dh's jersey, arms to go and then it's done.  This is a test, if he wears it I'll knit another in some colourwork, if not I'll stick to socks for him.

Also caulked all around the windows of our home, never been done, not even any caulking remnants anywhere (a small amount was found above the back door, that was it).  Might explain why it was so hard to keep the house warm in winter, even with double glazing and good insulation!  I also put the caulk on the sills mortar and replaced some of the mortar too.

Part of the vege garden, the zuchinni are doing very well indeed.

And my current toy project, this is a racoon, also by Claire Garland.  I'm about halfway through the body I think.

That's it for now, need to do my workout next and then get back to doing a deep clean of our bedroom, we have clothes moths, so clean, spray and then bomb.

1 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

Excellent projects- but I love those little snowmen and the bee!

Blog Archive