Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 28, 2014


Todays job was originally to warp, but my helpful friend wasn't available so instead I decided to re-upholster my sewing room chair.    It's an office chair, but the old upholstery was starting to shred so it was time to redo the whole thing.

I forgot to take a photo of the whole chair, but this is the back of it to give you an idea of the "before" look.

As you can see it's a fairly non-descript sage green.
And the reveal after 3 hours of hard work

Not quiet perfect, but a huge improvement!
I couldn't get the bottom of the chair off completely, so had to work around that, but despite that I think I did a really good job and I will do it again for the boy's chair too.  Not in this fabric though, not enough left and I think something that won't show the dirt is called for.

The fabric is cotton canvas from Wholeport, I also used a Stanley staplegun to secure the fabric before trimming and reassembling the chair.   I figure it probably saved me a good $100 as it meant I didn't have to buy a new chair and it also kept this one out of landfill; win/win.


Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks great, love the fabric. Much more character than a generic office chair now.

Sonya said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanderingcatstudio said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG - that's awesome! I wish I had of thought of doing that with our old office chair. We have one of the lightweight mesh ones now - but that looks amazing.
Not only did you save money and landfill space, you've got something totally unique you wouldn't find at the store! I love it!

Janet said... Best Blogger Tips

What a transformation.....great job!

Kura Carpenter said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks perfect to me :)

Blog Archive