|Not 100% happy with the placement of the shoulder straps|
|Flat front, this is historically correct I think.|
|Back lacing more even than last time; I think it'll look better when I lose a little pudge.|
Fabric: 3 layers. Lining is quilting cotton, then there's a layer of something unknown for strength and the top layer is cotton canvas. I've also used 2 chamois cloths for the binding and polyester ribbon for the lacing. The boning is all plastic zip ties and I have a wood busk (thanks to Mitre 10 for the wood paint stick). I'm still working on the lacing I'll use in the end, but that's from linen thread being made into a cord on a lucet.
Pattern: Ralph Pink pattern, upsized.
Notions: Polyester thread, cotton thread.
How historically accurate is it? Fairly accurate I think. The pattern is from an extant garment, though the body in it is definitely modern (need to cut out the sugar), many of the fabrics are fairly similar to what was used originally. I'd guess at about 80%
Hours to complete: Many, a lot of handsewing with all those little eyelets and the binding.
First worn: Just now, been wearing it for close to an hour and my back is much happier in this than it was in the commercial corset I've got.
Total cost: Probably around $20
In knitting news I've finished the first sock from my pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks
HappyGoKnitty; her shop is not stocked at the moment as she's just moved, but I'm sure she'll be stocking soon. This yarn is merino/silk. It was a little cheaper than normal due to some white spots in the yarn, but that didn't particularly bother me; I just love the colour changes!